The Weird Kid

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

She meant nothin' baby, honest.

Well, the torrid toxic lust for which I burned for Myspace is flushing out of me.

It doesn't happen in nature, you know. Sudden interaction with all those souls you already buried. It also isn't natural that you should have all those different people, your boss, your best friend from second grade, and the person you have sex with, all of them receiving the same witty line from you, every day.

Except, to some of them it isn't witty, they don't get a reference to Star Wars, and so you are dumb. That exhausts me. I need to be able to tilt a little toward the personality of whoever I'm facing.

But, check this out. Got to thank the popular boy who was nice to me in 7th grade for being cool. Got to talk to the mother of a friend, a woman I always wanted to know with an adult mind. Saw pictures, saw jobs saw babies. Saw, oddly, that no one looked particularly happier than me.

Saw epilogues.

And most important, got to have one more tiny string hooked between my fingers and the fingers of far away people I love. So what if it is pretty much them saying, "Jeez it's cold today!!!"? I'm glad to know it, in their case.


But still, not my blog where no one can compare my words to my face or my history or my house.

So pure here. I missed you.
posted by Imez at 3:15 PM

6 Comments:

Did you join a support group?

Welsome back, nice to hear from you.

December 23, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Missed you, too.

"I need to be able to tilt a little toward the personality of whoever I'm facing." I've never thought of it that way, but yeah. Really, really yeah.

December 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

yay! There's my girl! Just in time.

Ok, now I need you to transcribe the following: ....

December 23, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Hmm, what do you tilt away from to tilt towards me?

December 24, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

meno- don't understand, but so happy to see you write stuff on my blog, don't care!

robyn- yeah

lu I'll get back to you on that, in my head it is too long of an explanation for here.

mignon- you honestly blew my mind a little there. I have no pat answer. Now I'll spend Christmas submerged in introspection, thanks so much.

December 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

I meant a support group for quitting My Space. Just bein' silly.

Merry Christmas, o happy one.

December 24, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

net traffic statistics
AllOnlineCoupons.co.uk