The Weird Kid

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Skillbility

My under-editor at the paper said, "Imez, deadlines are important."

Madame, I disagree with your opinion, but as a journalist I shall fight to the death to protect it.


I don't think I'm being punished. She's moved me away from doing the "Theatre Notes," citing my struggle to meet the deadlines.

Listen, Under-Editor. You take the notes on, fine. You're about to find out how easy it is to chase down stage actors and directors for interviews. They're all way to busy ironing their black leotards and being marvelous fops to talk to me.

I didn't turn in any notes this month, as I told you, because the guy you sent me after was too busy basking in the refracting glow of his semi-regular appearances on "The O.C.," to talk with me about the show he was directing.

So she moved me laterally, to the "Book Notes," to see if I wouldn't perform better. Now I guess I will work with authors and publishers. I say guess, because she didn't bother to tell me. Just said, "have them by the 18th."

Yet I know booky things are infintely more my skillbility. It will put me in constant contact with people living out my dreams. This contact will either drive me to a very good, or very dangerous place. Either way it is movement.

Plus I still get to be the one to review all the plays in the city, because my reviews, as she complimented? me, "are solid."

So, let's here it for shirking responsibilities in a consequence free environment.

Super!
posted by Imez at 9:03 PM

2 Comments:

You crack me up. You do.

December 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

You go. Excellent, Book folk are easy to find--and you can use your myspace or more probably face book to contact tons of authors.

Cool.

December 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

net traffic statistics
AllOnlineCoupons.co.uk