The Weird Kid

Monday, October 27, 2008

Here I talk way too much about my questions

1. Blazing Saddles is a strange movie. It is loudly making fun of stupid white people, and all the stupid white people and (many of the smart white people) I know LOVE it. Crosses barriers. Amazing. The scene I linked to puts me on the floor every time. Not a great movie as a whole, but has some scenes so brilliant they're nearly holy.

2. I call my mom.

3. Prairie Home Companion. I like NPR. I like having it on. But I have to staunch a constant attitude of, "Why are you telling me this? Bank advisory committees in Bolivia? What? Why?" And I feel the same way about PHC. Not entertaining, tired imitation of charm, but I'm glad it exists.

4. Only Alyssa struggled with the moral quandary of declaring her own culture better than everyone else's. I thought more of you would say, "It's very bad but it is wrong to call Africans and Muslims "barbaric."

I once saw a photograph in a religious missionary magazine of a tear-stained 7 year old girl having her thin little legs violently held open by her father and his friends for her circumcision. She was looking at the camera, maybe whoever was holding the camera, like asking for help.
It was sickening.

So, conclusion. Sometimes we should not honor diversity. Okay, I'm cool with that.

-extra question. You women who cut off your son's foreskins...why did you do it? My mother-in-law said she didn't want other boys to make fun of Sean and his brother in the locker room. Sean says in real life, any boy caught looking at, much less critiquing, another boy's penis, would suffer a violent end.

5. Sex In The City: "Walking Vaginal Calluses Posing as Humans," I think that is how my husband described the women on that show. I think this show is as delicious and as gradually poisonous as a cigarette. It is bad, especially in large doses. It messes with a woman, I think, in a place she doesn't feel right away. I would like to read a study comparing women who love SATC to women with high instances of depression.

6. Don't have ranch dressing in the house. Turned in sour cream for plain yogurt. Diet soda. That is all.

7. First off, let me say. I would do THE WORLD to Roger Ebert. I can't explain it. I don't care that he is in his 60's. I don't care that he can't talk anymore and that big portions of his
face have been removed because of cancer. (not in the picture I linked). And I swear to god that fact that he is already married to a successful over-weight black lawyer lady that is his own age MAKES ME WANT HIM MORE. I goddamn love Roger Ebert. I would marry him. I would nibble him.

As for the others, I'm equally sexually attracted to the remaining candidates...though I am not a lesbian, oddly enough. I would spare Hillary, I guess. She didn't cheat on her wife. One night stand with her. McCain, nothing personal, but kill.

(If you haven't answered but still want to, I'm dying to read it).
posted by Imez at 9:22 PM

3 Comments:

I had my son circumsized for many reasons. One was the infection issue. And because of the infection issue, if I hadn't done it and he joined the army, I was under the impression at the time that they would do it to him as an adult. I don't know if that is still the case, or if that was ever even true, now. I was young and a sheep and now feel that I was pressured into it. By society, by the Ob/gyn, by the people that promised me it wouldn't hurt him, which it did. The part I was most upset about (after lying to me about the no pain thing) was that when he came back from the procedure, he had a binky in his mouth. I was very much against the idea of my child being a binky baby, and was not asked before they gave it to him. Apparently that was the best way to give him liquid tylenol for the paint that he wasn't supposed to be feeling. Thanks for letting me rant. If I had to do it again, I don't think I would have made the same decision.

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

so what did you learn about us?

I had a girl child, but if i'd had a boy, we wouldn't have had him cut. I have one nephew who is intact, and two that are cut. They all seem okay.

October 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

I tagged you for a meme, if you're up for it. Check my newest post.

October 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

net traffic statistics
AllOnlineCoupons.co.uk