The Weird Kid

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Laziness > Snake

You should know this.

If you take the dead snake, because your husband goddamn won't, and double wrap it in shopping plastic bags, tie them tightly, and put them in the bottom of the garbage can, well, honey, you're still gonna get yourself a barrel full of maggots. A hundred at least, if you wait a week.

I remember reading something in high school science about how people used to think that maggots spontaneously generated from dead meat. This was proven wrong at some point in science's glorious evolution.

But now I don't think they researched it carefully enough. I mean, there was a lot of maggots.

So, I'm not scared of snakes anymore. I passed one dead desicated one on the lawn today that my dog has laid there for safe-keeping, and almost sat on a live one as I lowered down onto the grass. And I thought, my goodness, this lawn is very snake-y.

Didn't scream. Didn't run fast back to the house, leaving the baby as a decoy. "Take her, Snake Overlord. She's not so smart yet, she won't mind!" Just sat and continued pinching dandelion heads off my lawn.

In a lifetime of so little internal growth, this one I'm proud of.
posted by Imez at 4:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

net traffic statistics
AllOnlineCoupons.co.uk