The Weird Kid

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Me

I am drowning in my own skull.

I never considered myself "self-absorbed" because I thought that meant selfish. Plain, school yard, won't share my toys and want to talk about how pretty I am all the time, selfish. I was no more or less selfish than anyone else.

But self-absorption, that's different, isn't it? An inability to see the world except how you matter in it.

A friend answered my question, "what really pisses you off?" She said she was pissed off by women who try to artificially have babies past their fertile years and thinks it's awful for a woman to spend so much money just to replicate her own DNA. And she was also pissed off by people who were rude to service people.

But me, I'm only pissed off by things that directly relate to ME. Social trends and habits might irritate me. I think it's dumb that prostitution is illegal or that anyone cares about someone else's polygamy. But for it to truly matter...oh it's all me baby.

I get pissed off when people don't act like I want them too. I have a script in my head and I can't stand it when people don't say their lines right. I get pissed when people call me on my bullshit, as said bullshit is also part of the script. I get pissed off by my past and what I antic pate will happen in my future.

The only constant...

I piss me off.
posted by Imez at 1:37 PM

3 Comments:

I disagree. Self-absorbed people leave comments that are all "yeah, whatever about what you just said, but this one time, when I was blah blah blah..." You don't do that. And you appreciate the successes and talents of others. Self-absorbed people don't. I don't like self-absorbed people at all, and I like you. And I missed you too a lot.

July 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

See, no, you describe selfishness, not self-absorption.

My god you're tan and taught and pretty in that picture.

July 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

self-absorbed; preoccupied with one's own thoughts, interests, etc.

I think mignon was correct by definition. A person who is self-absorbed is exactly what she described.

People like that can't see the forest through the trees, so to speak and all conversations most always revert back to what topic interests them. They are so wrapped up in their own lives and way of thinking, they are not capable of seeing another persons point of view, pain, etc. Mignon sounds like someone you know and who knows you. She doesn't think that defines you at all.

Perhaps what you want/need is a little "me" time and there isn't anything wrong with that at all. In fact, it's necessary. If we don't take care of and put ourselves first once in awhile, then we are no good to anyone else, especially the people we love.

But then again, perhaps I'm way off base because I have only read a couple of your posts so far and don't know you at all, yet.

July 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

net traffic statistics
AllOnlineCoupons.co.uk